Lecturer in Economics
Introductory Microeconomics & Introductory Macroeconomics (ECON 111 & ECON 112)
Employer: Bader International Study Centre (BISC) – UK campus of Queen’s University (Canada)
Campus: Herstmonceux Castle, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 1RN
Contract type: fixed term (1 September 2021 to 30 April 2022)
Salary: £3,625 per course, per term
Closing date: Thursday 1 July 2021 (17:00 BST)
We anticipate teaching in person on a COVID-safe campus but candidates must be prepared to teach online if this is not possible.
- Teaching one first year undergraduate course, Introductory Microeconomics (ECON 111), during the Fall 2021 term and one first year undergraduate course, Introductory Macroeconomics (ECON 112) in the Winter 2022 term.
- Teaching one class of maximum 30 students; 2 hours 40 mins/week instruction and offering 1.5 office hours/week during 12 instructional weeks of term.
- Opportunity to develop the syllabus in line with Queen’s University (Canada) Economics Department of and BISC Curriculum Committee requirements.
- Work with our Experiential Learning Office to develop and run maximum of two field studies.
- Holder of a postgraduate degree relevant to Introductory Microeconomics and Introductory Macroeconomics.
- Demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing undergraduate students.
- Commitment to high quality teaching and creating a fully inclusive, positive learning environment; innovative pedagogy welcome.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Who are we?
Bader International Study Centre, located at historic Herstmonceux Castle, East Sussex, is the overseas campus of Queen’s University, Canada. Queen’s is a leading Canadian university with high entry levels which attracts top students from around the world.
The BISC is committed to employment equity, inclusion and diversity and supports fair treatment and opportunity for all.
What we can offer you
In addition to salary, we offer a number of other benefits, including:
- Access to all of Queen’s digital resources and a small on-site library
- Opportunities for relevant training and development
- Fully equipped office space
- Free on-site parking
- Meals scheme (when students are on campus)
- Discounted accommodation at the Bader Hall residence
- A working environment comprising an historic building with beautiful gardens and grounds
- Friendly, supportive colleagues in the close-knit Castle community
- Auto-enrol pension scheme with guaranteed contribution from the BISC.
How to apply
Please see https://www.queensu.ca/bisc/about-us/employment to obtain a job description and person specification.
Required application format: CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for this position, by email to Nicola Taylor at [email protected] .
When applying, ase mention you saw this opening listed at newsaboutturkey.com