Research fellow (m/f/d) half-time employment – E 13 TV-L HU (third party funding, fixed term until…
Faculty of Language, Literature and Humanities – Department of Classical Philology
Research fellow (m/f/d) half-time employment – E 13 TV-L HU (third party funding, fixed term until 30.6.2024)
- scientific service in research with the project “The Transfer of Medical Episteme in the ‘Encyclopaedic’ Compilations of Late Antiquity”, which is part of the Collaborative Research Centre 980 “Episteme in Motion; Transfer of Knowledge from the Ancient World to the Early Modern Period”
- candidates will be expected to contribute to the aims of the research project by means of independent research and publications on a theme within the field covered by the project, and to take active part in the weekly activities and meetings of the Centre in Berlin
Further information about the research project may be found here https://www.sfb-episteme.de/en/teilprojekte/sagen/A03/index.html
- Completed university degree in a field relevant to the research project (Classics/Ancient History, History of Medicine and Science, Philosophy)
- a completed PhD is an advantage but not a requirement
- excellent command of Greek and Latin
- good knowledge of the history of Greek and Roman medicine and familiarity with Greek and Latin medical texts
- very good language skills in English and German
- research experience in the relevant area
Your application should consist of a covering letter; a one-page proposal of the research theme/question you would like to work on as part of the project; a writing sample of your work (not more than 20 pages); a short summary of your MA-thesis (one page) or, in case you have a doctorate, of your PhD thesis; CV; proof of qualifications; names and contact information of two referees. Please send your application include the reference number DR/109/21 and be addressed to Prof. Dr. Philip van der Eijk, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Institut für Klassische Philologie, Unter den Linden 6, 10099 Berlin or preferably via E-Mail in a single PDF file to [email protected] .
The Humboldt-Universität to Berlin is seeking to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching, and specifically encourages qualified female scholars to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equivalent qualifications will be given preferential consideration. People with an immigration background are specifically encouraged to apply. Since we will not return your documents, please submit copies in the application only.
Please visit our website www.hu-berlin.de/stellenangebote , which gives you access to the legally binding German version.
***Show some love and please mention newsaboutturkey.com* in your application***
***We also feel loved when you share it***