Fixed Term Lecturer in Politics & International Relations (Teaching)
Contract: This is a fixed-term ful time 35 hours per week position until the 31 July 2022
Location: This position will be based at the Singleton Campus
Main Purpose of the Post
- Teaching Delivery and Review: Effective delivery of the teaching, assessment and quality assurance of modules or other equivalent components of the taught portfolio. Reviewing course content and materials, and developing, designing and updating materials in compliance with quality standards.
- Teaching Innovation and Impact: Deliver innovative teaching, which is up to date and informed by research or personal practice.
- Esteem: Contribute to the wider academic community with demonstrable impact and recognition from internal and external sources. Contribute to institutional teaching impact.
- Advancing Practice: Responsibility for advancing teaching practice for self and others.
|Person Specification Criteria||Typically evidenced by:|
|1. A PhD in a relevant subject area or a degree and relevant professional experience or qualification||Chartered membership of professional body, Medical registration etc.|
|2. Recognised teaching qualification that would lead to Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) or a commitment to achieve this||If you do not have a recognised teaching qualification then evidence is required of a commitment to work towards Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) or equivalent.|
|3. Teaching specialism in Politics & International Relations.||Module content delivered|
|4. Evidence of the effective delivery of teaching and assessment||good quality feedback and/or improved progression or retention of students|
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Professor Alan Collins, Head of the Department of Politics, Philosophy, and International Relations ([email protected]).
To apply candidates should complete the online application attaching 3 separate documents:
- a CV,
- a publication list
- and a one page document outlining how you would contribute the the College’s research strategy.
We have an under-representation of women in the area of academia and would particularly welcome applications from women for this position. We also have an under representation of individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds and would encourage applications from these groups. Appointments will always be made on merit.
- Lecturer-Teaching- Politics and International Relations JD.pdf
***Show some love and please mention newsaboutturkey.com* in your application***
***We also feel loved when you share it***