Business Adjunct Assistant Professor (General)
Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.
Teaching assignments may include day, evening, on-line, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
Teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean.
Helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content.
Assessing student learning outcomes.
Maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field.
Continuing professional development.
Utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties
Maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
Assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review
Serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities.
Assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean.
Fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
Work Year N/A
Total Hrs per Week/Day
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing, or business education; OR bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND master’s degree in economics, personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree; OR bachelor’s degree in economics with a business emphasis AND master’s degree in personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
- Note: Applicants applying under the equivalent provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District faculty posting are requested to submit the following to be considered:
1. Los Rios Community College District Faculty application (Required)
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work * (“graduate advising documents and grade reports” will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts) (Required) NOTE: Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae (Recommended)
4. Two letters of recommendation (Recommended)
5. Letter of Interest (Recommended)
- Note: Applications submitted without transcripts will be disqualified. Also individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Click Foreign Transcript Evaluations on the Human Resources Services page for details
Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Salary Please see Salary Schedules to the left on the navigation bar.
Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note
***Show some love and please mention newsaboutturkey.com* in your application***
***We also feel loved when you share it***